The Swiss Ethnobiology Network strives to encourage students in their early career and awards a yearly grant to support high quality project ideas in the field of ethnobiology.
- The research project must essentially focus on an ethnobiology-related topic.
- The work must be linked to Switzerland (personally, institutionally or thematically).
- The application must be in English or one of the Swiss national languages.
Applications will be evaluated by a panel of three experts. The winner of the grant will be informed by 31 December 2020 and the official result will be communicated at the annual symposium (usually in February), where applicants will be encouraged to present their work. The grant winner receives a certificate, a 3 years membership to the network and CHF 300.-. The network reserves its right not to award the grant.
Please submit the completed application form along with a proof of studentship, and an official project plan to the President of the Swiss Ethnobiology Network (email@example.com).
For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Online application deadline: 30 November 2020
- 2019: Camille Brioschi (Project title: Flora with focus on Peucedanum ostruthium (L.) W.D.J. Koch and its ethnobotanical importance in the Saas Valley)
- 2018 (joint winners): David Mestre (Project title: Ergin als nichttödliches Schädlingsbekämpfungsmittel); Marine Testard (Project title: Réalisation d’un jardin potager communautaire dans la commune de Villars-sous-Yens)